Ice Cream Celebration

My sweet baby is growing up.  I told Maya that when she entered Junior High, we weren't going to do birthday parties anymore.  She was fine with that (I was admittedly sad) and decided she wanted to go on a little mini trip somewhere.

Reality is that we won't be able to go on vacation at least until November, as Devi is still so tiny, and we can't miss any more days of school since we lost 2 weeks from Hurricane Harvey.

We decided to just have a little cake and ice cream celebration with her friends.  It was a quick and easy way to celebrate (and I got to get a little bit creative between Devi's naps.)





I made the invitation on my Silhouette Portrait.  It had fun texture with glitter paper and I glued sprinkle sequins on top.





The party table was fun to put together.  I already had the yum placemat, ice cream banner and tassel banner, and tassel balloons (all from Target).  Sometimes I just can't resist a cute purchase, and I was excited to use them from my stash.

The only thing I bought was the sprinkles tablecloth and tissue paper ice cream cones.

I loaded the table with all kinds of fun things to put on ice cream.  I also already had the fun ice cream cups from (you guessed it) Target.


When the girls arrived, I sent them outside to paint their nails using a spinner game to dictate what color to put on what finger.



 Then they came in to create their own ice cream creation.


Of course the ice cream was the infamous Blue Bell.  Dave scooped it up for us.


We sang happy birthday and had cake after that.


The cake came from Kroger.  I added the cake pick that I got at Hobby Lobby.


I made little ice cream truck boxes to put some favors in.


I put fingernail polish, a bath fizzy, and some lip gloss in each one.


The bath fizzies came from Ulta.  I bought them awhile back because they were too cute to pass up.


It was indeed a "sweet" celebration!  Happy 11th birthday, Maya!

No comments