Baby's First Month

I am getting a lot of my pages done during Devi's naps.  It's forcing me to stay home and not run around so much.  This is a good thing.

It's always fun starting a new album.  I've given a lot of thought to how I wanted to document Devi's life.  I pre-purchased several albums to fill, because I've learned from past mistakes that scrapbooking is trendy and items become discontinued within months.

I'm using a rainbow of 12x12 faux leather albums from Becky Higgins and WeRMemory Keepers

Title page for Devi's baby album.

All products from Felicity Jane.
I really debated about what size of album to use for Devi's first year.  I ultimately chose 12x12 because I know that this will be a continuation from birth through her school years, just like my other kids.  I love that the versatility of a 12x12 album will incorporate all sizes of pages.  I'm inserting these 6x6 pocket envelopes with memorabilia - her ultrasounds, hospital bracelet, and coming home outfit.
Polka dot envelope and small plastic envelope from old Becky Higgins Baby Kit.  The ultrasounds pocket is from Becky Higgins Project Life.
 A page about the details of her birth.

I changed up the size to an 8.5x11 for her birth story.  When doing this, I always need to think about the same size page on the back.


I chose to put the story of meeting her siblings on the back.

Digital stamps from Ali Edwards.  Embellishments from Felicity Jane.
All products are Felicity Jane.

Add caption
All ephemera from Maggie Holmes Crate Paper collections.

Word Art from Ali Edwards, patterned paper freebie from Lilypad blog hop.

1 comment

Karen said...

Since you seem to scrapbook digitally, and you are purchasing albums to put those pages into, could I ask where you get your pages printed?