August 2015 Hybrid Layouts

I have finished putting the last few pages into the kids' albums.  I was pretty excited to create a Harry Potter page about their summer camp experience.  LOTS more Harry Potter pages to come in the next few months...

I used the fun Spellbound digital kit from In A Creative Bubble.


For this page I cut out a quote I found on Pinterest with my Silhouette. 
Rainbow paper is Simple Stories Summer Vibes Shine and acrylic hearts are Elles Studio.


I then ran it through my new We R Memory Keepers typewriter and typed the journaling.  This was a mistake.  It didn't roll well and tore a bit.  Because I was making two of these pages, the second time I typed my journaling first, before adhering anything to the page.
I got the pink We R Memory Keepers typewriter from Michaels.  Their new Typecast line is available, but the pink typewriter is exclusive to Michaels.  I LOVE that I can change the ribbon colors.  I used teal for this layout.
I have begun new albums for the kids for the new school year (last year).  I have mixed emotions about being a year behind, it's nice to scrapbook in the current season and to have all the things from the year laid before you to see what you've got...but my memory is terrible.  Trying to keep the details in my mind and getting them documented before they fade completely is hard.  I think overall, I'm still going to try and "catch up" if only to capture the memories fresh.

This page is a mix of digital and hybrid.  The left side is all digital, and I'll print it at 12x12 and slip it in a page protector.  The right Project Life page I created the word art myself and printed the cute books element from One Little Bird's Chapters kit.
Patterned papers from One Little Bird Chapters kit, word art from Ali Edwards, and the pencil is from Fancy Pants school collection.  I created the sign.



I had her write on a journaling card because I didn't take as many pictures in her classroom.
Journaling card from Simple Stories School Snap Set

No comments