Another Album Down

I just finished the last few pages of Ethen's 4-year album.  And it feels good to have that on the shelf as the kid turns 6 in two weeks!






I don't save all my children's artwork.  In fact, I only pick out three or four things that I think are good, and I save them in an envelope at the back of each album.  I take a picture of any oversized artwork and some of the good stuff, then I usually incorporate into some sort of art page, and then I toss it.  And I don't feel bad at all...

Once in awhile there comes along something so precious you have to single it out.


At first I wasn't sure how to document it.  I finally just decided to slide it into an 8.5x11 and anyone who wants to read it can pull it out.  I did put a few typed paper strips on it to give it some context.  He's drawn several Star Wars illustrations, so I chose one to make a page out of to give the layout a cohesive feel.

He wrote it a year ago and it's been in his pile waiting for me to document.  I wrote the translation of each page on the bottom so in future years I'll be able to remember.

Here is a look at his fun story, "Jedi Dfeet" bi Ethen, Age 4.


This picture of Darth is awesome!  I love his colorful buttons.

It's interesting to me that he writes from the Dark Side perspective here.

And then the feared rancor comes!

R2-D2 is scared...

And all is darkness.

But then Luke comes to save the day.

And all is rainbows again.



No comments