Memorial Day

We have enjoyed the time we've spent with family this past month. We got to attend the Air Show in Ogden with Parkinsons and Petersons. The kids loved the jets. The show was spectacular and coming back to the USA and hearing Neil Diamond's "Coming to America" and Celine Dion's "God Bless America" choked me up. Dave summed it up best when he said it [the roar of the jet engine] was the sound of freedom.


I, however, forgot to pack sensible shoes and walked miles in high heels. Not smart.


Memorial Day was low-key with just a family bbq and cousins playing. But that is what we always long for when we are far away.

I realize I am behind on my digital scrapbooking, but unfortunately I forgot to upload all my pix off my computer before it got put on the slow boat from China. I hope it survives it's 9 weeks at sea.

So, the April pages are delayed for at least until July, but in the meantime I'm having fun with paper and scissors.

1 comment

Becca said...

You got some great pics from the air show. I have loved all the time we've been able to spend together. It's been so fun to have Neil and Dave coming home on the same weekends. Unfortunately we are headed to Idaho this weekend and will miss you guys. I hear you're off to London next week so...have fun and we'll see you at the reunion. Ty and Gus are missing Ethen and Maya. (I have proof of it written in crayon inside my car - thank you Ty). I'll text you the pic.