Happy Eid

Dave is attending the christening of a new drill ship today in Busan, South Korea. More on this when he gets home with hopefully some pictures.

I've been at home the past couple of days with the wild banshees. Maya hasn't had school because of the Eid ul-Fitr holiday. Though I haven't fasted, I am somehow grateful for it's end. The clocks have been set forward again today, and now Ethen will be waking at the crack of 6:30am instead of 5:30am. Small blessings.

Egyptians celebrate this holiday by buying new clothing and going out to amusement parks, public parks, and such. We celebrated only by eating Kahk, cookies dusted with powdered sugar and filled with with nutty stuff, and this only because Transocean sent us home with a huge box full of them. After trying 4 different varieties, I've decided they're not my thing, so I gave most of them to Nadia and wished her Happy Eid.

I've still got a few left if anyone wants to try them.

1 comment

Melissa: said...

I stumbled upon your blog through Cath's...what an adventure you are having! You have such a creative talent. And you are hilarious, I love your writing.

Hope all is well. It's fun to see what your family is up to.