Sunshine Mixed with a Little Hurricane 1st Birthday Party!


This precious girl is one!

I've been thinking back a lot this past week on her journey here, recognizing what an incredible addition she is to our family.  She has proved over and over again our little ray of summer sunshine with her happy countenance and fun personality.

I made her shirt with my Silhouette Portrait.

She came to us on August 27th, the worst day of Hurricane Harvey, trailing on storm clouds of glory!  Oh how we love her!


I thought it appropriate to give her a little hurricane birthday party with fun weather-themed elements.

I made the cloud balloons by tying them together with fishing line.  The sun balloon my neighbor gave to me (how sweet), and the rainbow and raindrops came from Oriental Trading.

I originally ordered her name cut from wood from jane.com to put in her room, but realized that it would make a fun addition to this tablescape.  All I did was paint it white.

The cake came from Kroger.  It was delicious!

Maya made all the fruit and vegetable kabobs for me!

The cups came from Oriental Trading, the pitcher came from Target, the macarons came from byWoops.com
The sunshine and lightning plates and cloud napkins came from Meri Meri.  So cute!

I ordered these super cute cookies from PSSweet (https://www.etsy.com/shop/PSSweet)

Just a few other sweet treats were donut hole (clouds), rainbow cotton candy, and rainbow sour belts.


I made the rainbow cupcakes myself (yay me!) and lots of friends came to sing and wish her happy birthday.   She wasn't sure about all the attention, but she was a good sport for only having one nap (of course.)


She didn't eat much, but had a little fun smashing it.


We love you sweet Devi!  Your happy face shines bright in our home everyday!

No comments