2016 National Park Centennial Album | Part i | Grand Tetons and Yellowstone

We visited seven National Parks during the Centennial year 2016.  I decided to do an album documenting each park.





I chose a 6x8 binder style album by Recollections (now discontinued) that I bought on eBay.  Originally I was going to do a Smash style album, without page protectors, but I wanted control over how many pages I actually put in it.  This is kind of a twist on a Smash album.


I want this album to hold lots of memorabilia that we collected along the way.  The wood crest and bumper sticker are some of those items.  I'm hoping the rings inside are large enough to hold all the pages.  The binder is thick enough, but the rings are very small.

Along the spine I put a centennial sticker.



GRAND TETONS NATIONAL PARK

I'm going to introduce each park with a double-page spread and label to keep it consistent and to know when you're entering a new section.  I'm still debating about whether to add tabs or not.
Label from Paislee Press Scenic Route collection.

I love the travelers notebooks that are so popular right now, but I knew this album was going to have a bit of memorabilia with lots of dimension, so I knew that wasn't the right choice. 
Word art from Paislee Press Scenic Route collection and journaling card from In A Creative Bubble Travelogue collection.  The canvas banner is from Pink Paislee Outfitters collection.
 Here's a closer look at the banner.
Add caption
Filler cards from In A Creative Bubble Great Outdoors collection.

Washi tape and mountain and compass die cut from Carta Bella Are We There Yet collection, Explore wordart from Paislee Press Scenic Route collection

The kids earned their Junior Ranger badges at most of the parks, so I wanted to include them here as well.  I adhered them to the page with brads.
Grand Teton filler card from Carta Bella Are We There Yet collection, and dimensional sticker from

YELLOWSTONE

Label from Paislee Press Scenic Route collection.

Go See Do Stamp from In A Creative Bubble Travelogue collection.

All elements from In A Creative Bubble Travelogue collection.

Stamp from from Paislee Press Scenic Route collection and chipboard stickers from MAMBI.

The 2nd part of this album won't get created until November, when I'll add 5 more parks.

No comments