Maya's Baptism Album

I've finally completed the mini album featuring photos from Maya's baptism.  I knew I wanted to used an assortment of Maggie Holmes' collections to embellish this album, including "Open Book" and some "Flea Market."  I also used a lot of Crate Paper's "Confetti" and "Craft Market" collections, which all blend very well.

I also knew I wanted this to be a 6x8 album.  I went back and forth between the pink Simple Stories Snap Binder and the Becky Higgins Gold Album that I ultimately chose.




I stumbled upon this glittered chipboard 8 at the $1 Hot Spot in Target of all places.  It was perfect for the title page.  I took the page protectors and chipboard divider pages from the Simple Stories Snap album and used them, so grateful for the uniform style that fits the 2-ring binder.  The pink is just extra wide washi tape that I had leftover from the stripes I put up in Maya's room awhile back.


For the tag I used my typewriter that I purchased from an antique sale last year -- only to discover it doesn't have an "!" key.  TRIVIA: Did you know that the exclamation point key was only added to keyboards after 1970?  I had to do the old apostrophe and period trick.


"This is what it's all about" is a rub on with a vellum heart.

The glare on the page protectors was hard to overcome, but I didn't want to take everything out of the pockets to photograph them.

Lots of my embellishments are on top of the page protector just to give it a more layered look, and to keep it laying flat on the page.



I kept a lot of this album transparent with just a few embellishments added to the pockets.  I also stitched directly on the page to close the pocket or add tags.


One thing I loved about using Maggie Holmes' products is that many of her products are already premade and textured for you.  In this case, all I did was add the star to the tag and rotate the happy diecut.






Another example of Maggie's premade embellishments: the Love banner and the rosette.







Putting this album together was so much fun!  Each picture was so beautiful and soft.  I loved the way it turned out!








She really just bounced around from place to place, and I followed her, camera ready.  This was my first real photo shoot, and I was more than pleased with the results.  I didn't want my embellishments to detract away from the photos.









I included her baptism invitation in the album as well.  Just layered the front and back together.


The gold transparencies are from Heidi Swapp, not Maggie Holmes.



I'm sad that I didn't capture a picture of her playing the violin at the baptism.  I was busy on the piano, but she did a wonderful job.



For Maya's birthday banner I got some inspiration from Anthropologie's je 'taime banner.  They were selling it for $48, but it's now out of stock.   Seriously, what a racket.  Who buys this overpriced stuff?  I made mine for about $4.



First I cut out her name using my Silhouette Portrait.  I used their adhesive gold vinyl.  Next I just selected some sheets of cardstock and cut them into a banner shape.  Strung it on some gold curling ribbon, and voila!  I was going to make some tassels out of the same gold ribbon, but to make things easier, I just took some of them off a Oh Joy! Happy Banner from Target that I already had, and it saved me a bit of time.  It still hangs in her room.  It was so beautiful I couldn't bear to throw it away.



After a few pinterest fails, I finally got the CTR cookies to look good.  I ordered the shield-shaped cookie cutter from Amazon.  Niccole (the best cupcake maker in the world) helped me with the dress frosting and arrangement, and it turned out super sweet!


I added a list of people who attended, and the last page of the album is a copy of the program.


This album truly fills my heart with joy.  It will definitely be one of my treasured keepsakes.

No comments